Saturday, October 24, 2015

Republicans celebrate Hispanic heritage, court Colorado’s crucial Latino vote

State Rep. Clarice Navarro, a Republican from Pueblo, celebrated National Hispanic Heritage Month with roughly 30 of her re-election campaign supporters at a happy-hour gathering at Lime in downtown Denver earlier this month, kicking off a conversation about ethnic policy and Republican outreach in swing-state Colorado, where the Latino population is now more than 21 percent.

“I’ll tell you, I remember my bootstrap moment,” Navarro told the smiling and nodding crowd of conservatives. “It was when I made the cheerleading squad in high school, and I was so happy, and I told my mom, my working, single mom, and she said, ‘Great but you’re going to have to buy your own uniform.’

Read full article

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2015 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Operated by Carlos Vassallo

Páginas vistas